Zakir Naik cancels return to India

July 12, 2016 | 05:54 PM | 1 Views
Zakir-Naik-cancels-return-to-India-niharonline

The controversial Islamic preacher is being investigated by a host of agencies in India over allegations of his ‘radicalising influence’.He was scheduled to brief the press on his return to Mumbai on Monday, but then planned a media conference over Skype, reports the Firstpost.He then cancelled the Skype call.

As for the investigations against him in his homeland, he said: "So far not a single official of the Indian government has contacted me for any clarification regarding this issue.

“It would be my pleasure to cooperate with any official from any Indian agency for any information they might require from me," he said in a statement.

The Firstpost quoted a source close to the preacher to say that he will leave for the African continent for ‘prescheduled engagements’.

After the deadly attack on a Gulshan cafe left 20 hostages dead, at least two of the attackers were found to be Naik’s followers on social media.

The 50-year-old is barred from entering Canada and UK due to his ‘unacceptable behaviour’ since 2010.

Latest News

Most Popular